It is still winter and it is also still cold and flu season. I am not kidding when I say that 90% of my challengers have had either colds, flus or sinus infections this past month. Lots of stuff going around. One thing I love when I am sick is a good bowl of soup and I also love to make my own. This recipe is 21 Day Fix approved and sourced from the amazing Team Beachbody blog. Love it!
Total Time: 38 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 23 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 2 Tbsp. dried thyme)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground white pepper (to taste; optional)
8 oz rotisserie chicken breast, boneless, skinless, shredded
1 cup frozen corn (or roasted corn)
2 cups cubed butternut squash
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add chicken broth and thyme. Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken, corn, and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until squash is soft.
5. Divide evenly between eight serving bowls.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 178 mg
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 13 g
Are you doing the 21 Day Fix or Fix Extreme and need motivation and accountability?? Let’s talk about getting you into my Monthly Accountability Group. There is no reason that you should be doing this alone!! This month there are over a dozen ladies doing a program together and loving it. Comment here, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on my Facebook page to get started.