Leftover Carnitas Salad, yes I said leftovers hahahaha. Maybe you never have leftover carnitas but since we are a small family we always have leftover carnitas. I am always looking for ways to use them up besides just my regular tacos or burrito bowls. We love to cook our carnitas in the slow cooker. Check out the recipe here: Clean Eating Slow Cooker Carnitas. The slow cooker carnitas recipe is probably the most popular when I run my Slow Cooker Groups. People love it and so do we!!
Ingredients for Salad:
- Leftover Carnitas
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 a yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4-5 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado sliced
- Cilantro to garnish
- lime wedges to garnish
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/4 of olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsps of minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp of adobo
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt
- Warm up your left over carnitas under the broiler to crisp them up.
- Put frozen corn in a pan and cook until toasted. A little char on it or burn as I like to call it.
- While toasting the corn put all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and top with dressing. Toss your salad and serve. Enjoy!!
We had this last night and my hubby loved it!! We will definitely be doing this salad again. If you need something a little more hearty or CARBS…. add some quinoa or brown rice to ice. Or why not eat some tortillas or make this salad into a tostada! Sounds yummy right?