Hey guys!! I posted the other night on my Instagram about our yummy dinner that we had and a lot of you asked me for the recipe. I am happy to be able to share this with you and the best part it is super easy. I love slow cooker recipes because once I set it up that is all I need to do for dinner that day. The other amazing part is that I usually have enough leftovers to have this dinner for two nights!
Slow Cooker Carnitas
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth (16 ounces)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of natural orange juice
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro
- Add onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place pork on top of the onion.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Set on LOW for 8 hours.
- Once done shred pork. At this point it will be falling apart 🙂
- This part is optional. Spread the pork on a pan and place under the broiler in your oven for a few minutes to crisp it up. It turns out amazing 🙂
It is that easy! This is a great meal to have on a whole wheat tortilla or as I like to have it over some quinoa and topped with salsa, guacamole and cilantro. It is a family favorite around our house. The other great thing is that it fits in with my 21 Day Fix food plan. Yes, food this good can be eaten in my 21 Day Fix challenge group! (use the guide on how to use your containers or ask me for clarification on this recipe).
Check out my previous post “Meal Plan for One Day Eating Clean”
If we are not already lets connect:
Until next time,
Independent Beachbody Coach