Salsa chicken fajitas in the slow cooker are amazing!! As you probably have noticed I am a bit obsessed with the slow cooker this year. It has made our lives so much easier at dinner time. I have been seeing some recipes for salsa chicken for a while and I have been dying to give it a try. I decided to make my salsa chicken into a fajita recipe as well. Yes, I know this is in no way a traditional fajita but it is quick, easy and really tasty! It is also 21 Day Fix compatible. This is a bonus because I will be using this in my challenge groups this month. Pull out your slow cooker and give this awesome salsa chicken fajitas recipe a try!
- salsa (brand of your choice)
- boneless, skinless chicken breast (3-4)
- bell peppers, sliced
- onions, chopped
- Slice and chop the pepper and onions.
- Place the peppers and onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Put the chicken breasts on top of the peppers and onions.
- Pour the Salsa on top of the chicken.
- Set your slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Once done, open slow cooker, remove half of the liquid and set a side.
- Shred the chicken with a fork.
- If you think that the chicken needs more moisture re-add some of the liquid that you had removed. If not hold onto the liquid and pour it on top of the leftovers when storing them. This way the chicken will not dry out.
We ate our chicken on whole wheat tortillas but you can also add it to a salad or make in a meal on top of rice or quinoa. We normally have left overs and use it for 2 nights. I love recipes where I know that I will have leftovers!