We have been trying to find a healthy way to do all of our favorite meals 21 Day Fix Approved. Every week we have been adding something new into the mix. This week it was 21 Day Fix Approved Chicken Cacciatore and it was delicious. I ate the leftovers for lunch for 2 days!! If you do not want to eat the leftovers that many day in a row then freeze some. It taste even better!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried basil
- black pepper (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1 inch strips
- fresh parsley (garnish)
- grated parmesan (optional, garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook, stirring it frequently. Do this for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook this stirring frequently for approximately 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, basil and black pepper. Cook this mixture, stirring occasionally for approximately 6 minutes
- Add the zucchini and the eggplant. Cook the mixture stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes and check to make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley, parmesan or both if you like!
- Serve alone or over whole grain pasta, quinoa or rice.
Nutritional Information (per serving) not including brown rice pasta:
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
Sodium: 538 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 28 g
If you are looking for support during your 21 Day Fix journey, I would love to have you join one of my monthly online accountability groups. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on my Facebook page Clean Eating Mommy.