Another Tasty Tuesday recipe feature!! I am a sucker for a hearty bowl of pasta and when I have it I usually eat too much. That is why I am so happy that I have my portion control containers, otherwise I would probably never eat it! Here is a pasta recipe that I have made from the Beachbody Blog and love it.
6 oz. dry whole wheat pasta
1 tsp. olive oil
½ medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper, chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
8 oz. Italian-style turkey sausage, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
½ cup low-sodium, organic fat-free chicken broth
1 bunch kale, ribs removed, chopped (about 3 cups)
1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese (to taste; optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add oil, bell pepper, and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add sausage and garlic, Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until sausage starts to brown.
5. Add broth and kale; cook, stirring occasionally, adding additional broth or water as needed, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until kale is soft.
6. Add pasta to sausage mixture.
7. Top with cheese if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 43 mg
Sodium: 509 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 23 g
If you are looking for support on your 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme journey, I would love to help you!! I have am AMAZING accountability group that I run every month and the peer support is what I think is missing a lot of the time when people try a program and fail at it. If you would like to do 21 Day Fix with us email me firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on my Clean Eating Mommy Facebook Page.