21 Day Fix Approved Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Tasty Tuesday Recipe Feature!! Since we moved to Dallas, Texas we have been OBSESSED with Tex-Mex and Mexican food in general. This is a healthier version of one of my favorites Chicken Enchiladas!!! The best part is that it is 21 Day Fix Approved!!
21 Day Fix Approved Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Total Time: 3 hrs. 28 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 3 hrs. 13 min.
Yield: 10 servings, about 1 cup each
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium jalapenos, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
1 lb. raw ground chicken breast
1½ cups dry farro, rinsed
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes), no salt added
1 cup water
1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 cup shredded jack (or cheddar or Mexican blend) cheese
3 medium green onions, chopped
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
4. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
6. Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
7. Top with green onions and cilantro; serve.
Serving Size 1 Cup in Containers Equals: 1 green container, 1/2 red container, 2 yellow containers and 1/2 blue container
Total fat 11 grams
Saturated Fat 2 grams
Carbohydrates 37 grams
Dietary Fiber 9 grams
Sugars 3 grams
Protein 18 grams
Recipe Sourced from Beachbody Blog
If you are doing 21 Day Fix and you are looking for a support group, contact me and let’s work together!! Email me firstname.lastname@example.org to get into my next fitness accountability group on Facebook.