21 Day Fix Approved Shrimp Stir Fry
21 Day Fix Approved Shrimp Stir Fry is on my meal plan for today and I am so excited to give it a try. I am not actually doing 21 Day Fix currently but I am following a similar meal plan while I am doing Core De Force.
We love shrimp or any shellfish for that matter in our home. We eat shrimp often in salads, on the grill, in pasta and many other ways. It has been awhile since I have made a good stir fry so today is that day!!
2 medium red onions, sliced in wedges
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, thinly chopped
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 Tbsp. low sodium organic chicken broth, divided use
3 cups mushrooms, cut in half
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into cubes
½ cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
2½ cups snow peas, trimmed
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and 2 Tbsp. chicken broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, water chestnuts, and remaining 2 Tbsp. broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add snow peas and shrimp; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp and shrimp is opaque and firm.
Total Time: 29 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 14 min.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1½ cups each
Container Count is 2 Greens, 1/2 Red and 1/2 Tsp.
I will be serving mine with a yellow container of quinoa. You could also choose to have brown or wild rice in your yellow container. If you are looking for some support with your 21 Day Fix journey, I would love to support you in my monthly accountability group. Let’s connect email me at email@example.com or message me on my Clean Eating Mommy Facebook page. I would love to get to know you!