Winner Winner Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Dinner!! Try this recipe and it is sure to be a regular on your weekly meal plan. I use this recipe in my 5 Day Clean Eating Groups and people rave about it. Parents and kids a like! It is a staple on our meal plan almost weekly!
1 whole chicken
1 whole onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tbsp adobo
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp paprika
1. Wash and prep the chicken.
2. Place onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and put the chicken on top of the onion.
3. Season the chicken with adobo,paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Set Slow Cooker to cook on high 5 hours.
5. Remove from Slow Cooker and cut into quarters.
6. Set up chicken on a pan and put under the broiler to crisp up the skin.
7. Arrange on a platter with some roasted vegetables, onions and jus from the slow cooker. We like to use carrots, parsnips and asparagus with our chicken but you can use any mix you like. You could even do a side of quinoa or brown rice as well.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!